DATE: April 20, 2012
CONTACT: Brandy Fons, Publicist
PHONE: (310) 809-8882
ATX TELEVISION FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES THE FIRST WAVE OF CONFIRMED PROGRAMMING
First Annual Festival to Give Attendees Advance Look at
MTV’s Season Two Premiere Episode of Teen Wolf and More!
Austin, TX—Friday, April 20, 2011— ATX Television Festival is thrilled to announce the first wave of confirmed programming at the inaugural festival, happening June 1-3 in Austin, Texas, including an advance screening of the season two premiere of MTV’s original drama series Teen Wolf. In addition, there will be an outdoor Rolling Roadshow reunion screening of the Emmy award winning show Friday Night Lights with members of the cast and crew in attendance and a Saturday morning cartoon event with a Hasbro cartoon world premiere episode.
ATX Television Festival programming includes some of the most beloved television shows of past and present. The list of actors, writers, directors, producers and industry professionals confirmed to attend the festival is as illustrious as it is star-studded. Please see below for a full list of confirmed shows and attendees confirmed to attend the festival to celebrate the medium of television. Badges are available for purchase on the website. Weekend Badges are $180 and Screening Badges are $120.
The festival co-founders, Caitlin McFarland and Emily Gipson, created ATX Television Festival to bring the festival experience to television lovers. They realized they were more excited about the contents of their DVRs than what was playing on the screens in theaters and the Television Festival was born! ATX Television Festival has the goal of serving both the community and industry professionals by giving them the opportunity to celebrate and discuss all aspects of TV’s past, present & future.
Commenting on the festival, ATX Television Festival Co-Founder Caitlin McFarland said “festival-goers should know this is an event for fans and industry alike to celebrate past series like Friday Night Lights and Firefly, and experience episodes from the most recent seasons of series like Parenthood and Awake; creating an opportunity to take the water cooler conversation public!”
“We are awe-struck by the support we’ve received for the Festival in its inaugural year. Not only from the individuals responsible for our current and past favorite shows, but also from brands like Tito’s Handmade Vodka and HBO who have come on board as Official Festival Sponsors,” said ATX Television Festival Co-Founder Emily Gipson.
ATX Television Festival has teamed up with MTV to give Festival attendees an advance look at the second season of Teen Wolf, plus the chance to ask Executive Producer Jeff Davis about what to look forward to in season two.
The first annual ATX Television Festival will host members of the cast and crew of the Emmy award winning Friday Night Lights at an outdoor Alamo Drafthouse Rolling Roadshow screening/concert. The series pilot episode and the series finale episode, “Always”, will be screened in the parking lot of the San Jose Hotel. Admission to this incredible event will be free to the community and attendees will be treated to live music from Alicia Witt (who played Cheryl Sproles), Dora Madison Burge (who played Becky) and more Friday Night Lights inspired music to come! A full list of attending Friday Night Lights cast and crew is below.
Hasbro Studios and The Hub Television Network have teamed up with ATX Television Festival to celebrate the kid in all of us with a Saturday morning cartoon event! My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Transformers Prime and the world premiere of Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters will be screened while attendees snuggle up with blankets and pillows enjoying pancakes provided by Batter Blaster. To make this the ultimate Saturday morning cartoon event, Hasbro Studios is coming armed with lots of toys, DVDs and other goodies for attendees. Spend Saturday morning the way it was always intended, watching cartoons in your pajamas and eating pancakes!
The next ATX Television Festival content announcement is slated for May. Stay tuned!
- True Blood (episode: #412, “And When I Die”)
- Parenthood (episode: #305, “Nora”)
- Awake (TBD)
- Friday Night Lights (Pilot and Series Finale “Always”)
- Firefly (TBD)
- The Vampire Diaries (episode: #108, “162 Candles”)
- Lone Star (episode 104; “Near Mrs.”)
- Teen Wolf (Season 2 premiere)
- Austin City Limits (TBD)
- Life Unexpected (TBD)
- Love Monkey (TBD)
- Archer (episode 210, “El Secuestro”)
- The League (episode 209, “Expert Witness”)
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (TBD)
- Grimm (TBD)
- Joint panel with Adult Swim’s NTSF:SD: SUV and Children’s Hospital
- Arielle Kebbel (The Vampire Diaries, Life Unexpected, 90210)
- Tom Cavanagh (Love Monkey, Ed, Royal Pains)
- Judy Greer (Archer, Love Monkey, Arrested Development)
- Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, Lone Star)
- Gaius Charles (Friday Night Lights)
- Matt Lauria (Friday Night Lights)
- Ian Gomez (Cougar Town, Felicity)
- Alicia Witt (Friday Night Lights)
- Michael B. Jordan (Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, County)
- Jaimie Alexander (Kyle XY)
- Lindsay McKeon (Supernatural, One Tree Hill)
- Jesse Plemons (Friday Night Lights)
- Paul Scheer (The League, NTSF:SD:SUV)
- Betty Thomas (Hill Street Blues, Dream On)
- Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, County)
- Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries)
- Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Cougar Town)
- Michael Rauch (Love Monkey, Royal Pains)
- Liz Tigelaar (Life Unexpected, Revenge)
- Mark Schwahn (One Tree Hill)
- Noah Hawley (Bones, The Unusuals, My Generation)
- Peter Billingsley (Sullivan and Son, Dinner for Five)
- Jane Espenson (Husbands, Buffy, Warehouse 13, Battlestar Galactica)
- Kyle Killen (Lone Star, Awake)
- Jeff Greenstein (Husbands, Friends, Will & Grace, Desperate Housewives)
- Jeff Davis (Teen Wolf)
- Liza Richardson (Music Supervisor, Friday Night Lights/Parenthood)
- Ben Edlund (Firefly)
- Jose Molina (Firefly)
Confirmed Friday Night Lights Cast/Crew In Attendance:
- Adrianne Palicki (Tyra Collette)
- Jesse Plemons (Landry Clark)
- Michael B. Jordan (Vince Howard)
- Dora Madison Burge (Becky Sproles)
- Alicia Witt (Cheryl Sproles)
- Gaius Charles (Smash Williams)
- Matt Lauria (Luke Cafferty)
- Brad Leland (Buddy Garrity)
- Jason Katims (Exec Producer/Writer)
- David Hudgins (Exec Producer/Writer)
- Liza Richardson (Music Supervisor)
About ATX Television Festival
Our focus is on the celebration of the television medium: looking back at its history, where it is now, and where it is headed. Our weekend will consist of events where attendees can interact with actors, writers, directors, creators, showrunners, music supervisors, casting directors and studio executives involved in all stages of bringing their favorite series to the small screen.
We have all the functionality of a traditional film festival – spotlighting classic shows, never aired pilots, cancelled too soon series, cult favorites, current hits, and premieres of new series. In addition, we will focus on episode screenings with Q&A’s from the cast and creators; panels focused on industry related topics like streaming and innovative outlets to continue production outside of the network/studio system; and will include parties, live music, meet-ups, social media events, and “super secret happy hours.” Ultimately, ATX has the goal of serving both the community and industry professionals equally by giving them the opportunity to discuss and celebrate all aspects of TV.